No one becomes a millionaire or a billionaire over the night. It takes time, efforts and endless endurance in order to become rich and famous. The popular personalities have taught us time and again that hard work is the key to success. The rich people reflected the fact that they strived really hard to be at the stage where they are present today. They just never relied on inheriting a fortune from their forefathers. They did everything on their own!
So, today we are going to have a deep insight into the lives of the 12 richest people who constructed their empires with all their hard work, sweat, and energy. Let’s enjoy a few interesting facts related to their hard-fought journeys. Perhaps, it might help us in mending our ways!
Hence, without further ado, let’s begin!
Jeff Bezos, $120 billion
Jeff Bezos became the world’s richest person in the year 2017. He is the owner and the founder of the well-known online shopping site Amazon. The concept was materialized in a small garage in 1995. Due to the thorough hard work of Jeff Bezos, the value of the company reached an estimated $6 Billion within just 4 years. Apart from Amazon, Jeff Bezos is the owner of The Washington Post which is a highly renowned publishing house. Plus, he also owns Blue Origin which is an aerospace manufacturing company.
Facts To Know
- Jeff Bezos used to conduct his initial meetings at a bookstore near the garage.
- Jeff Bezos’ laughter is celebrated in the whole world. On YouTube, you can find a number of videos related to Jeff’s unique laughter.
Mark Zuckerberg, $72 billion
Mark Zuckerberg is the name behind the creation of prominent Facebook, a social media website. In 2004, when Mark was about 20 years old, he founded the biggest social media website that still ranks among the best. He is a Harvard’s University dropout, a fact that can definitely motivate you to never rely on degrees.
Facts To Know
- Mark developed the first messenger when he was just 11 years old.
- Mark has a pet which is a Hungarian sheepdog known as Beast. The pet has got its own Facebook page.
Bill Gates, $92 billion
In 1976, Bill Gates came up with Microsoft and after 10 years, he was able to earn his first billion dollars through the renowned venture. A few sources revealed that in the year 2006, Bill Gates was earning a total of $6,659 per minute which is roughly equal to $10 million per day.
Facts To Know
- Bill Gates has always been a noteworthy philanthropist who has donated to the poor more than anybody else. He has donated around $37 billion in charity.
- He accompanied his friends in hacking his school’s computer and extract secret information from there. His act moved a computer company to offer him a job.